Tips in Planning Your Wedding Day Transport
When planning your wedding, one of the most important concerns would be transportation. More than the decors in the venue, food to be served for your guests, and program to keep everyone entertained, among other preparations, you need to take care of transportation. After all, the goal is to be in the venue at the right time. Make sure to thoroughly plan how you and the entire entourage will be transported from the hotel to the ceremony venue and to the reception.
For most couples who are planning wedding transport, one of the most important concerns deal with how many cars are exactly needed. Generally, you will need at least three cars. The first car is with the groom and his groomsmen. The second car is for the bridesmaids, which can also include the mom of the bride. Third, and the last car to leave, is the most important of all – the car of the bride.
In order to lessen the costs for wedding day transport, one of the best alternatives that can be taken into account is the use of a campervan or a limousine. This is going to be cheaper than hiring multiple cars to transport the entourage. Meanwhile, if you really prefer to have more cars, look for companies that can offer a discount. More often than not, the more cars you book, the cheaper the rates can be.
Thinking of the perfect way to have stylish wedding transport? Colour coordination is one of the things that should be done. This will surely appear good in photos. More often than not, wedding care providers can also provide ribbons and flowers. Signs can also be placed at the back of the car, such as “Just Married” or the initials of the bride and the groom.
Here are some of the tips that can help you when planning wedding transport:
- Be clear about how many people will be transported to the reception or venue of the ceremony. If you are on a budget, hire only one car, specifically for the bride.
- Think of the route to the venue. Take into consideration the time of the journey and its overall duration. Consider traffic and other possible disruptions. Make sure that you will make it in time in the ceremony venue. It is your big day, but this does not mean that you can make your guests wait for hours before you arrive.
- Consider the size of the car. In this case, you have to think about other factors, such as who will be in the car. More importantly, you should also consider the size of the dress. Make sure that you will be able to sit comfortably in the car regardless of the size of your dress, especially if it is going to be a long trip on your way to the venue.
- Book the transportation service as early as possible. This is especially true if you are going to be married in June or any other peak months. By booking early, you can be able to secure your transportation ahead of anyone else. More often than not, you will have to pay a non-refundable deposit, and the remaining amount will be paid during the wedding.
- Request for a contract. This is going to specify the terms and conditions that should be agreed upon by the client and the service provider. Remember, the contract is a legally binding agreement. Therefore, before affixing your signature, make sure that you agree with its contents.
- Look at what other people have to say. This will make it easy for you to evaluate the alternatives that you will be confronted with when it comes to providers of wedding transportation. Read online reviews and check social media sites. Ask around from people you personally know who have booked wedding transportation in the past.
- Talk to the transport service provider before your wedding. This is going to clarify any last minute changes and will remind both parties about time, route, and other specific details.
If you want your wedding to be hassle-free, make sure to keep in mind the things that we have mentioned above. This is going to provide you with the guarantee that wedding transport will not be a thing to be worried about on the most special day of your life.