Dos and Don’ts
Everything about the wedding day is crucial. Both parties have tried so much to make this occasion a memorable one. But for the Bride, she has a tendency to put an emphasis on her wedding gown and on her make-up. Bride’s make-up is essential to hide those signs of stress that you acquired in planning your wedding. Any bride wants to be the most beautiful woman in this day, and a makeup can make that possible by giving your face a vibrant and youthful glow that will be captured on the camera.
- It is not recommended to experiment on the make-up during the wedding day. Make sure that you already tested the makeup that will be put to you three weeks prior to the wedding day. Some brides were thinking of getting a tan, and they should first be aware on how they look with a fake tan so the makeup artist will be able to assess your skin colour.
- When having a trial on the make-up, you need to wear something pale in order to analyse how the make-up looks with a plain shirt. Also, take a photo of yourself in a natural light (without flash) in order to guarantee that you will be having the best make up.
- Use a concealer and a corrector in the dark areas of your eyes especially the one under it in order to emphasise on the brightness of the eyes.
- When going to a make-up trial, you need to have a concept about your bride’s make-up. You need to find the image of the make-up that you want and try to show it to a make-up artist. Find the things that you love most about that make-up (whether it’s the lips, eyes, the contour, etc) and highly consider if you have the same skin colour and whether it will also look good on you.
- Add enough colours that will complement the plainness of your wedding dress. This is highly recommended in order to give a brightening glow to your overall look.
- Do not do the make-up trial in an overhead light. If you are getting an appointment for a trial make sure that the light that you are using would be the natural daylight.
- Do not let you make-up artist in experimenting on how you look. Remember that you do not want to walk on the altar while the groom can hardly figure out who you are. A great Brides make-up will only highlight the prominent figure of the bride.
- Try not to apply a heavy make-up. Most of the wedding photographer highly prefers the use of the natural light and having a heavy based of make-up will be accentuated on the photograph.
- Avoid being too trendy. Your wedding day only happens once in a lifetime and just because there is a latest fad in the Brides Make-up does not mean that you will immediately jump into it. Your wedding is not a place to incorporate the latest trend. Look as classy as possible so your granddaughter will be able to appreciate how you look when they saw your wedding photos.
The Make-up can help you achieve your best appearance during this memorable day. You need to feel confident and healthy and a make-up that will accentuate the beauty of the dress.